Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Imagine This

You enter the bathroom to find me in the tub. The water is hot enough for steam to rise occasionally. I’ve sunk down below the surface, so that bubbles clothe me. Slight movements send the cover scattering, fraying it a bit at the edges. Fragments of the frothy blanket float away. I close my eyes.
Candles flicker in several locations, creating an ambient glow. Shadows dance on the wall and on my glistening face. Any skin that rises above the surface becomes immediately cooled. Rainbows glint in hundreds of tiny bubbles.
You smile, study my face, then kneel beside the tub and swirl your finger through the water, our eyes following its progress. I anticipate its trail, not realizing I’m holding my breath. I shift again and skin is revealed. Your eyes find mine and hold them, while your fingers meander just below the surface, creating lazy little eddies wherever they go.
I’m still looking at you when they graze my submerged thigh. My eyes widen, then partially close. The vague lethargy the heat has created in me gains hold over you and you are in no hurry to reach any expected conclusions too quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home