Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Lavar

Rain falls lightly, steadily.
A tub of velvety, heated water with fragrant bubbles
sits in the middle of a grove.
Brilliant green fronds glisten with the moisture
Heaven has bestowed on a grateful jungle.
I float amidst the wet on wet on wet:
sky, earth, body.
Steamy water envelops me.
Cool drops launch a pleasant assault on my exposed skin-
that which does not sink beneath the cover.
The earth wears a lush fragrance of renewal;
it is verdant, fertile.

I am a companion in this ritual of cleansing,
floating in a womb.
Fears, aches melt away in the heat.
Droplets descend on me from the treetops-a covering roof-
making music as they couple with surfaces exposed.
Color, fragrance, sound: my senses are full, stretched but not broken.
I am clean, covered-invulnerable for the moment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Niles McNeil said...

You sure write poems. Ever been published?

5:36 AM  
Blogger poemer said...

*niles: I was published once in a regional publication. That's it....I'd like to do a book but don't really know how to get started.
*esprit: there's something appealing-freeing, even-about walking in the rain. I guess we feel less at the mercy of the elements when we meet them head on. It's like we embrace them, become them somehow.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home