Friday, May 26, 2006

These are a few.....

A few of my favorite things: (not in order of importance)

1. A good, hot bath with scented oils.
2. Feeling red and gold all over
3. A massage done by someone with strong hands and a light touch
4. Being in Italy; the air, the light, the people, the food, the shoes....the texture of the place makes me feel more real.
5. My kids, because they're so genuinely real
6. Expressing myself (writing poetry, drawing, painting, taking photographs)
7. Helping someone (i.e. going to Taco bell and giving my Baja Chalupa to the one-legged guy on the side of the road)
8. Latin music-listening and/or dancing to it
9. Reading and discussing Bible stories
10. Expanding my horizons (but not my waistline!)

.....and because I'm not good at imposing limitations on myself,

11. Having a table and a waiter who knows me at one of my favorite restaurants. He brings me my drink w/o even having to ask what I want. Usually, I don't like the idea of being so predictable, but sometimes a settled feeling has its rewards.
12. Time with friends; time by myself

1 Comments:

Blogger poemer said...

Yeah. I forgot to add #13. making a goal in soccer, and #14. listening to a friend get after you, and feeling warm because you know they care

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home