Friday, December 30, 2005

Resonate

Does fate have a tin ear?
Can it not hear the dissonance in my heart?
Discordant notes of distrust and hope play
a strange song, eked out when I try to learn a new tune.

New songs are too often flashy, with little to recommend
their shallow message to my ear. Or they're not complex enough
to encourage repeat performances.
Isn't there some resonance-that soaring sound of imperfection
learning transcendence through love, the deep lullaby
designed to soothe my fears and lift my spirits-
waiting to be discovered and cultivated?

I am waiting for the melody, the harmony, the parts that blend
to create a rich fabric of notes composed expressly for
the performance of a lifetime. I stand waiting on a darkened stage,
hoping that the lights will come on, so I can see the conductor
who waits to direct while he's carried along on a chord
so clear it's resonates for several lifetimes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Niles McNeil said...

Interesting poetry, especially the steamy stuff. You have any more?

12:26 PM  
Blogger poemer said...

Thanks. I added something, although I'm noticing some recurrent themes-mybe I should vary them a little! You've got an interesting blog yourself. I haven't really graduated to short stories yet.

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home