Wednesday, January 25, 2006

What You Did

I've gotten over my intense anger,
but am still bewildered.
Why did you behave like you did?
What did I do to deserve such treatment?
Please tell me that it was due to intense guilt
and not because you're a deceitful, hateful person.
Guilt makes people act stupid-I know this.

If you're a loathesome monster,
wouldn't that sociopathic element be evident elsewhere?
There must be some semi-logical explanation for....
what you did. Help me rationalize it.
You have removed the last vestiges of faith I had in men.
The truth hurts. But at least I've remembered
to bring those walls back up. Thanks for reminding me.

1 Comments:

Blogger poemer said...

Yes, my poems are a direct and immediate expression of experiences and responses. It's my way of processing and dealing with whatever's happened.
Some of the poems in the June and July archives are from several years ago, written during and after my divorce.

**"Amiga" is the feminine form of friend and "novia" is girlfriend.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home